Monday, May 31, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different

This week brought a good old friend and a couple fun new projects. The one and only Abigail Glaum Lathbury, fashion dynamo from my days at The School Of The Art Institute, blew into town from Chicago. I got the scoop on her new line for the summer, and it all looks super sharp, so keep an eye out on her website. I believe that this picture below is from her current spring line.


Meanwhile, I've been working on a crest for a Portland family. Like the earlier project, this one is wedding related, so that influenced the color scheme. We referenced some earlier crests, I got out the ink and brush, and this is what it all boiled down to. I enjoyed the combination of natural elements rendered with a graphic treatment.


Again, in good old black-n'-white.



Right on the heels of that project came another little, unusual project. The images below will be 4" x 4" vinyl stickers for an LGBTQ friendly organization. Because these are smallish stickers, they presented a good opportunity to have some fun with colors I don't often use.

They wanted some geeky non-gendered critters, which was actually a little tricky. Gender-role indicators kept slinking their way back into my beginning sketches. Anyway, I think I managed to give them some character without specific gender. More fun stuff is on the way...




No comments:

Post a Comment